Monday 1 April 2013

Haven Hereford - Post Script

Self will intrude.  Friday February 15th 2013 saw my last workshop with the Hereford Haven and it was a bittersweet experience.


I have loved working with all the staff and visitors at the Hereford Haven. 
Visit  http://www.thehaven.org.uk/ for more information about this wonderful organisation.

There was also cake on my last day which mingled with tea and salt tears was a delicious solace. My special thanks to Sue's mum for going to so much effort.




Over the last few years I have worked with many wonderful Haven people who have enriched my life and I am sad to say goodbye but have an exciting new life in Scotland to console me. 


I can't name all of the people (you know who you are!) I have worked with but send special thanks to Sue, Yvette, Sonia, Annie, Helen, Rhian, Hilary and Siriol who shared wisdom and kindness with me during this last season of creative writing workshops. 

Sally 
Gardenstown
Scotland


I sign off with a Scottish poem:



The "Lay of the Last Minstrel" by Sir Walter Scott

O Caledonia! stern and, wild, Meet nurse for a poetic child! Land of brown heath and shaggy wood Land of the mountain and the flood, 

BUT so far this sheltered corner of Caledonia is not proving particularly stern or wild compared with the rest of the UK this spring. Will I find poetic inspiration while enjoying soft and mild?   


No comments:

Post a Comment