Wednesday 2 May 2012

Haven - Aspects of Water 2 - Shape-shifting April 27th

This week we considered the remarkable shape-shifting abilities of water: liquid, ice, steam, vapour - and of course in terms of weather - cloud, mist, rain, rain, rain (all sorts of rain at the moment), snow, sleet, hail - you get the idea. 


Not surprisingly rain got into the choices of poems/lyrics but ice did get a look in and for "homework" people have promised to write some Hot Steamy Haiku to offset all that chill.

We read "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost.  (See above) and one of the brilliant responses was this little ICE acrostic from Siriol:


It happened imperceptibly, a sequence of tiny blows,
and crystal by crystal, my heart froze

Cruelty I thought it was, because I couldn't see
that your heart was frozen and your ice froze me

Every frozen crystal thaws
my heart has healed, but I fear for yours.




We also read and listened to a Bob Dylan song that has been covered by many artists - notably Adele and our respect and awe for BD is unbounded - but we did have some dispute over whether or not he can actually sing. 

A tiny sample:

Make You Feel My Love  by Bob Dylan

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love


It's the first line that clinched it!  If you don't know this amazingly good love song then go onto Youtube and check it out.  It's like a mental hug.

It was an especially wonderful session and we all felt warm and dry by the end.






No comments:

Post a Comment